The thrill and excitement of riding a jet ski are
If you too love riding with friends and family, then a three–seater Jet Ski is always an amazing option to go for. Because duh! Even if you are not floating on water with two companions, you can always use some extra space.
The process of selecting the right 3 seater Jet Ski boils down to your requirements. And, this can be a matter of confusion for many as even with all your requirements ticked off, there are so many options to choose from. To make it a little easier for you I have jotted down everything you need to know.
DIFFERENT MODELS OF PERSONAL WATERCRAFT BY VARIOUS COMPANIES
Before talking about the best 3-seater Jet Ski, you need to understand your requirements and which Jet Ski will actually tick off all your requirements. For that, you will have to learn little basics. So, here we go!
There are 3 major companies dominating the market of PWC.
*The models offered by Kawasaki are called as Jet Ski. Yamaha is the producer of WaveRunners and See doo calls its models PWC. *
CATEGORISING 3 SEATER JET SKIS
Keeping aside the brands, you can classify personal watercraft by their functioning and deliverables. All these companies build their models around these categories. These different categories are:
An affordable option introduced by Sea-Doo for beginners who like speed.
Rec-lite is a beginner’s dream but lacks cushioning and stability. Today, only Yamaha and Sea-Doo offer models in this category.
Stability and nimbleness are the top features of this widely popular category. All the top three brands have their models in this category catering to speed, better storage and stability.
3. Tow sports
Are you a fan of tubing or wake-boarding? Then, this is the category you should look out for. Developed by Sea-Doo, tow sports category promises special design, slow speed mode and higher resale value.
If stability and power is your virtue while looking for three-seater jet skis then, the luxury category has a lot to offer to you. Largest engines, comfort and amazing power are some of the top features of the models built around this category.
Power and speed are the words that describe this category in a nutshell. If you want to race your water scooters and want to override the speed controls, this category is for you.
Performance Jet Skis are not at all for beginners and are for people who really wish to commit to the sport.
According to the categories, the price of the watercraft offered by the companies differs. On average, the price of a 3 seater Jet Ski lies in between $5,399 to $17,999.
TOP 3 SEATER JET SKIS
KAWASAKI JET SKI STX-15F –the powerful one
The Kawasaki Jet Ski STX-15F has the most powerful engine with a horsepower of 160hp. Under good conditions, it can attain a speed up to 62 mph.
This model is Kawasaki’s entry into the recreation category and no other model in this category is as powerful as the STX-15F.
It is durable and comes with a good price.
Unlike Yamaha and Sea-Doo, Kawasaki keeps on improving the quality of its machine rather than just adding new features to it. It is highly reliable and it is nearly impossible to break this machine down, even if you are a new and inexperienced rider.
It comes with a Kawasaki Smart steering system that assists riders in quick manoeuvres. This design has been tried and proven for many years and works perfectly.
- It comes with a 4-stroke, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, 4-cylinder inline engine which uses an open-loop cooling system which takes in ocean or lake water to cool the engine.
- The STX-15F has 16.4 gallons of fuel storage and 23.5 gallons of storage capacity which easily accommodates all your items.
- It possesses a responsive hull design that makes it suitable to be driven by any rider.
- This Jet Ski features a Smart Learning Operation (SLO) mode for new riders to learn to ride the Ski.
- With an overall length of 122.8 inches and 46.5 inches wide and having around 844.5 lbs dry weight, this machine is heavier and tends to be stable.
- The model has not been changed in years and storage is comparatively less
- Operates using a manual forward, neutral and reverse.
Learn about other Kawasaki three-seater jet skis here.
SEA-DOO GTI SE 155 – pocket–friendly ride
Sea-Doo is every PWC lover’s best friend. It is budget-friendly and very stable. The GTI SE 155 is made for families who want to have fun, yet have a stable and comfortable Ski.
It comes with a 155hp engine and is quite powerful. It is very reliable in fresh as well as saltwater with its increased torque at low RPMs. It is ergonomically designed and can be used for water sports where a rear-facing spotter can easily be accommodated. It has a reboarding step for easing climbing.
It comes with advanced features like iTC (intelligent throttle control system) which helps riders in dockside starting of the machine.
- It comes with Sea-Doo’s intelligent brake and Reverse technology (iBR) that helps in brakes, forward, neutral and reverse operations.
- It has a Rotax 1503 NA engine which uses a closed-loop cooling system for increased reliability and stability. It is the most powerful engine made by Sea-Doo and few people have often called it a “bulletproof engine”.
- It has a total storage space of 30.7 gallons which is suitable for storing life jackets and other equipment.
- Different driving modes in some models such as Sport, touring, and ECO.
- A Digitally Encoded Security System (DESS) key without which you cannot start your ski.
- For new riders, a learning key is given which limits the speed and power of the craft to make it easy to ride.
- It has a GTI hull made from fibreglass and is perfect for riding in any kind of waters.
- Variable trim systems (VTS) are present for ease of performing tricks and lifting the nose up and down.
- It comes with many other features like wide-angle mirrors and touring seats which are very helpful.
Learn about other SEA-Doo three-seater jet skis here.
YAMAHA WAVERUNNER FX CRUISER SVHO- best racing 3-seater Jet Ski
This is one of the fastest Skis ever produced by Yamaha. Be it for fun and games or for a serious racing sport, the Cruiser SVHO will never let you down.
Talk about speed, this model can attain a top speed of up to 70mph and is very much stable even at those speeds too.
It comes with a dual throttle handlebar for forward and reverses operations. This makes manoeuvring the craft an easy task.
Comfort is the prime idea behind its design. It has cruise control for the rider’s wrists and cushioned seats to make the rider comfortable.
It uses RiDE technology by Yamaha which also has reverse and traction control.
- It has a supercharged 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, Super Vortex High Output Yamaha Marine Engine which is very powerful and can attain speeds easily.
- It has features like pull up cleats, an upgraded reboarding step, dual mirrors and many more.
- Multi mount systems with the beverage and other extensions are present.
- The Connext Touch screen is the first of its technology and is only available in Yamaha models.
- It is 3.58 meters long and 1.27 meters wide and has a dry weight of 820 lbs.
- It has a fuel storage capacity of 18.5 gallons.
- Tilt steering and electric trim are present for easy riding.
- It has a NanoXcel Hull and deck which makes it lighter, yet stable.
- Low-speed mode for the safety and security of new riders.
- The touch screen cannot be used while driving at high speeds.
- A little pricey but yet value for money.
- It has dual storage compartments, the front storage is hard to reach when sitting on the Ski
Learn about other Yamaha three-seater jet skis here.
Sea-Doo Spark is the cheapest Jet Ski out there. It is made in the rec-lite category for people who do not want to spend much on a Ski.
This is best suitable for new riders who only want to have a little fun. It is easy to manoeuvre and has off-throttle steering.
It’s light, affordable and the ultimate savior of Jet Ski industry. Yamaha then came up with the EX series to compete with the Spark. –
Believe me; it may not have many features but it still is value for your money.
- Intelligent brake and Reverse technology (
iBR) which helps in brakes, forward, neutral and reverse operations.
- SPARK hull made from Polytec which is lightweight, scratch and impact resistant and easy to handle. This hull is so helpful and makes the Spark very much playful. You could be
risingup the nose and performing tricks with ease.
- This comes with Rotax 900 HO ACE Engine which uses a closed-loop cooling system for increased reliability and stability. This keeps the parts inside away from the outside sea or lake water.
- It has a length of 120 inches and is 46 inches wide with a fuel capacity of 7.9 gallons. The fuel storage is less, but for people who do not spend a lot of time on the ski and just use it for
occasional fun, this is perfectly alright.
- This machine has a tow hook and has options for
LinkQattachment systems. It also has handle-barswith palm rests which are very useful when driving for more than 30mins.
- It has a single big storage compartment which is not that much and is only 1.5
litrebut can be extended up to 29 litres.
- This machine has one of a kind and has slim seat designs for free movement while driving.
- The mirror is not
included butis available as upgrades.