Yamaha is one of the most popular brands of Jet Skis around the globe. They’ve been in the business for very long and have the most wide-ranging products when it comes to 3 seater jet skis.
Yamaha built the brand around the concepts of reliability, fun and functionality. And, their 3 seater series of sit-down jet skis are no different. These Jet Skis are called WaveRunners and are built around with the permutation and combinations of what their customers might like.
Every series offered by Yamaha comply with a particular Jet Ski model and then they craft features around it. Here are all the Yamaha 3 seater jet skis that you need to look out for.
Yamaha 3 Seater Jet Ski
EX Series 3 Seater Jet Ski
The EX series was introduced by Yamaha in the Rec-lite category in 2016 to beat, the then dominating, Sea-doo in this category.
|EX||EX SPORT||EX DELUXE||EXR|
|Nimble and fun||Playful||Fun with no compromises||Peak performance with a lot of thrills|
|Excellent Fuel efficiency||Glove box Compartment||RiDE technology with Yamaha’s traction control||RiDE technology with Yamaha’s traction control|
|No dual mirrors||Dual mirrors||Dual mirrors||Dual mirrors|
|Easily accessible Glovebox||Mechanical Reversing||2 toned Deck mats||Pump extension|
|No reboarding step||Reboarding Step||Reboarding step||Reboarding step|
|SMC (sheet moulded compound) hull and deck||SMC (sheet moulded compound) hull and deck||SMC (sheet moulded compound) hull and deck||NanoXcel 2 hull and deck|
|Tow hooks available||–||–||4-stroke TR-1 High Output Yamaha Marine Engine|
- 3.14 meters in length
- 1.13 meters in width.
- 578-600lbs dry weight.
- 7-gallon storage.
- 13.2 gallons of fuel.
- 3-cylinder, 4-stroke TR-1 Yamaha Marine Engine.
- SMC (sheet moulded compound) hull and deck
Pros of the EX Series 3 Seater Jet ski
- Have dual mirrors on all the models (exception EX).
- Yamaha’s RiDE technology: helps in easy forward, neutral, and reverse operations in the 2 higher models.
- Gas tanks are bigger than Sea-Doo PWCs.
- Higher horsepower.
- Under-seat storage is good.
- The base model of EX is value for money.
Cons of the EX series 3 Seater Jet Ski
- It is heavier like most wave runners.
- EX Deluxe is overpriced as compared to equivalent Sea-Doo model.
- No 2 seater option available.
- The storage is spread out, having 3 small areas instead of one large area.
Top 3 Seater VX Series Jet Ski
The VX series come under the Recreation category. These are powerful Yamaha wave runners which are more stable than the EX series.
|VX-C||VX||VX DELUXE||VX CRUISER||VX LIMITED||VX CRUISER HO|
|Playful and durable||Value for price||Versatile and lightweight||Agile and fast||Premium features||Increased power for increased fun|
|Tow Hook||RiDEtechnology by Yamaha with traction control||RiDE technology by Yamaha with traction control||RiDE technology by Yamaha with traction control||RiDE technology by Yamaha with traction control|
|SMC Hull & Deck||SMC Hull and Deck||NanoXcel Ultra-Hull and Deck||NanoXcel Hull and Deck Control||NanoXcel Hull and Deck||NanoXcel Hull and Deck|
|Low RPM or Security Mode with Remote Transmitter||Low RPM or Security Mode with Remote Transmitter||Low RPM or Security Mode with Remote Transmitter||Low RPM or Security Mode with Remote Transmitter|
|Watertight Storage||Watertight Storage||Cruise assist and no wake mode||Cruise assist and no wake mode||Cruise assist and no wake mode||Cruise assist and no wake mode|
|Tow Hook||4 Pull-up Cleats Accessory Tow Package|
|Reboarding Step||Cruiser Seat||Cruiser Seat||Cruiser Seat|
|Dual Mirrors||Dual mirrors||Dual mirrors||Dual mirrors||Dual mirrors||Dual mirrors|
|3-cylinder, 4-stroke TR-1 High Output Yamaha Marine Engine||3-cylinder, 4-stroke TR-1 High Output Yamaha Marine Engine||3-cylinder, 4-stroke TR-1 High Output Yamaha Marine Engine||3-cylinder, 4-stroke TR-1 High Output Yamaha Marine Engine||3-cylinder, 4-stroke TR-1 High Output Yamaha Marine Engine||4-cylinder, 4-stroke, 1.8 Liter High Output Yamaha Marine Engine|
- 1.22 meter wide
- 692 lbs dry weight
- 18.5 gallons of fuel
- 3.35 meters in length
- The VX-C model is not for sale to the general public and is only sold to businesses. It is mostly used for rental and commercial purposes.
- The VX-C is similar to VX without the RiDE technology.
- The Yamaha VX Deluxe and the VX Cruiser are almost the same. The only difference is VX cruiser has a better seat and colour options.
Pros of VX Series 3 Seater Jet Ski
- Bigger gas tanks for all the models.
- Reboarding step in all models except the VX-C.
- Lighter hull and deck.NanoXcel hull and deck in the 4 higher models.
- Cup holders in the glove box.
- Cruise assist and no wake mode.
- Low speed mode for security is present in the top four models.
- RiDE technology available in all models except the VX-C.
- The towable tube is available in the VX limited.
- Cruiser seat available.
Cons of VX Series 3 Seater Jet Ski
- Open loop cooling posses an issue as it takes in lake water or sea water to cool the engine.
- The VX possesses less horsepower.
- The overall storage is less compared to the Sea-Doo models in this category.
- The VX Limited has a smaller 125hp engine. This creates a problem when pulling a person on a tube.
- Some models have a smaller gas tank compared to the models in this category by other companies.
Best Rated FX Series 3 Seater Jet Ski
Are you someone who puts luxury over everything else? Then, believe us you’ve to check out the FX series by Yamaha.
All the models in this series come under the luxury category. So, stability and comfort will the prime deliverables. Fancy some details? Here you go!
|FX HO||FX CRUISER HO||FX SVHO||FX CRUISER SVHO||FX LIMITED SVHO|
|Luxury at its best||All day comfort||Experience of a supercharged ski||Powerful and luxurious||The Ultimate wave runner|
|Upgraded Reboarding Step||Pull-up Cleats (2)||Pull-up Cleats|
|Multi-Mount System||Upgraded Reboarding Step||Multi-Mount System with Beverage Extension||Multi-Mount System with Beverage Extension||Multi-Mount System including Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speakers|
|NanoXcel Hull and Deck||NanoXcel Hull and Deck||Custom Cut Deck Mats||Upgraded Reboarding Step||Tubing Package|
|Cruise Assist and No Wake Mode||Cruise Assist and No Wake Mode||Cruise Assist and No Wake Mode||Cruise Assist and No Wake Mode|
|836 lbs dry weight||838 lbs dry weight||818 lbs dry weight||820 lbs dry weight||822 lbs dry weight|
|4-cylinder, 4-stroke, 1.8 Liter High Output Yamaha Marine Engine||4-cylinder, 4-stroke, 1.8 Liter High Output Yamaha Marine Engine||Supercharged 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, Super Vortex High Output Yamaha Marine Engine||Supercharged 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, Super Vortex High Output Yamaha Marine Engine||Supercharged 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, Super Vortex High Output Yamaha Marine Engine|
- Connext Touchscreen with Security and Drive Control
- RiDE technology by Yamaha with Reverse and
- 3.58 meters in length
- 1.27 meters wide
- 838 lbs dry weight
- 18.5 gallons of fuel storage
Pros of the FX Series 3 Seater Jet Ski
- Industry’s first Touch screen Jet Ski by Connext.
- Huge reboarding.
- RiDE technology for forward, reverse, and brake operations.
- Bigger gas tanks.
- Multi mount systems available in all models to add fish finder, cup holder, speakers and many other items.
- Dual mirrors and rear storage compartment.
- Low power or speed mode for security and safety. Cruise assist and no wake mode.
- Tilt steering and electric trim in all models.
- Footwell drains and mats.
- Wireless Bluetooth speakers and GPS fish finder in the FX Limited SVHO model.
- Bumpers in few models.
- The top 3 models come with a supercharged engine which packs more power.
- Use NanoXcel hull and deck which are lighter.
Cons of FX Series 3 Seater Jet Ski
- Cannot use the touch screen while driving at high speeds.
- Harder to get to the front storage when sitting on the Ski.
- Cost a little more than models in the same category by other companies.
- The Bluetooth speakers in the VX limited SVHO are not valued for price and the sound output is not that high.
Top Performance Race Series 3 Seater Jet Ski
For people with a knack for speed, Yamaha race series is the best option to go for. These machines are power packed and can attain higher speeds in less time. So, be prepared to be talking to the winds while driving these babies.
Note: If you are a beginner, then, these Jet Skis are way too powerful for you.
|GP1800R HO||GP1800R SVHO|
|NanoXcel 2 Hull||NanoXcel2 Hull|
|RiDE technology by Yamaha with Traction Control||RiDE technology by Yamaha with Traction Control|
|Dual Mirrors||Dual Mirrors|
|Low RPM Mode or Security Mode with||Remote Transmitters|
|Dual Remote Transmitters||Low RPM Mode or Security Mode with Dual|
|Racing-inspired Seat||Racing-inspired Seat|
|155mm High-pressure Pump||160mm High-pressure Pump|
|Top-loader Intake Grate and Ride Plate||Top-loader Intake Grate and Ride Plate|
|Tow Hook||Tow Hook|
|Reboarding Step||Reboarding Step|
|Electric Trim||Electric Trim|
|3.35 meter in length||3.53 meters in length|
|1.22 meters wide||1.22 meter wide|
|739 lbs dry weight||769 lbs dry weight|
|18.5 gallons of fuel storage||18.5 gallons of fuel storage|
|4-cylinder, 4-stroke, 1.8 Liter High Output Yamaha Marine Engine||Supercharged 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, Super Vortex High Output Yamaha Marine Engine|
Pros of the Race Series 3 Seater Jet Ski
- These are the top racing models in the market.
- NanoXcel hull and deck.
- RiDE technology for forward, reverse and brake operations.
- Low rpm mode for safety.
- Electric trim system.
Cons of the Race Series 3 Seater Jet Ski
- These are very powerful and are only for people who have racing experience.
FINAL THOUGHTS: BEST YAMAHA 3 SEATER JET SKI
Although, all the Jet skis mentioned above have their own pros and cons. I have listed below a few models that tick off maximum boxes of pros.